Coronavirus/ Covid-19 (2019-nCoV)


From 27 January 2022, EU countries require a special pass for visitors from the UK.

This is an Official document issued by the UK government Department of Health.

To obtain yours, please go online:

Apply for Digital COVID Passport

NHS GP practices are not registered with EU government health departments.




The law:

New legislation has been passed by the UK parliament:

The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021

The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) (No. 2) Regulations 2022


The government has instructed NHS organisations to withhold further action for unvaccinated staff.

The legislation is being reviewed and may be amended.


How the Healthcare employers will put this into practice:

VCOD for healthcare workers - guidance 1

VCOD for healthcare workers - guidance 2


Exemptions for healthcare workers:

The law allows for a number of reasons not to be vaccinated.
Some reasons are for temporary exemption, some reasons are longer term.

COVID-19 medical exemptions: proving you are unable to get vaccinated

Applying for exemption

As a first step, please call 119 to ask for NHS COVID Pass medical exemption application form.
The 119 adviser will ask you for some details.
The form will be sent to you. You then need to forward it to your doctor (at the hospital or GP surgery).

Applying for medical exemption from Covid vaccine

PLEASE NOTE. Any exemption comes from NHS centrally. Your doctor cannot guarantee you will be granted the exemption.


Where to send the report - for hospital specialists or family doctors:

Summary Care Record application (SCRa)




Please stay safe. New cases are on the rise rapidly!

National and Local case numbers can be found on the government websites:

Coronavirus - UK summary

Daily cases: 
27 December 2021: 109.077
28 December 2021: 138,831
29 December 2021: 183,037
30 December 2021: 189,213
31 December 2021: 189,846 

Coronavirus - Office for National Statistics (ONS)


At Alexandra Surgery:

From 01 December 2021 until midnight on New Year's Eve (31 December 2021), we have received:

Total patients had PCR tests = 724
PCR test result Negative = 455(Age 0-17: 102, Age 18-49: 212, Age 50-74: 103, Age 75 and older: 38)
PCR test result Positive = 231 (31.9% of patients tested)(Age 0-17: 45, Age 18-49: 133, Age 50-74: 44, Age 75 and older: 9)
PCR test result 'Unknown' = 38(Age 0-17: 6, Age 18-49: 13, Age 50-74: 13, Age 75 and older: 6)




If your Covid PCR test is positive, the rules for isolation have changed.


The rules for sick notes have also changed. Please see Requests for Certificates and Letters page.



If you had Covid-19 (Coronavirus) vaccines in the UK, you can see them in the NHS App on their mobile phones.
(Please note this is different from the NHS Covid-19 App)
The App also generates a QR code, known as the Covid Pass, or vaccine passport.

If you had the vaccine in a different part of London or another city in the UK, It may take a few days for the information from the vaccination centre to be transferred. If after waiting a few days, it does not happen, please get in touch with us and we can try to query with the NHS computing department.

If you had the vaccine in another country,

If the vaccine is one of those approved by MHRA, and you have an NHS number:
You may book an appointment with NHS Digital to show your proof of vaccination. NHS Digital can then add to your NHS record.

For details please see

If your vaccine is not among those approved by MHRA, you can still let us know, and we can update your GP records.
This information should then appear in your Immunisation records page.
However, we cannot make the QR code appear. That can only be done by NHS Digital.
Please tell us (1) the name or manufacturer of the vaccine, (2) the date you had the injection, (3) the serial number, (4) the expiry date of the vaccine, (5) which arm you had the injection.




Who can have the vaccine, and When?

Please see the section "What is new?" on this website.

How to arrange being seen at the vaccination clinic? 

There are two options to receive the Coronavirus (Covid-19) vaccine:

1. Pre-book appointment - choose a place and time slot yourself online, or ask the surgery staff to choose for you

2. Walk in without appointment (see below)

Find a walk-in coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination site - England:


Walk-in vaccination clinics - North Central London CCG area:

(this covers Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington) 


Getting a COVID vaccine if you are not registered with a GP

Anyone can have the Covid vaccine at Walk In clinics, even if you do not have a GP.

You just cannot ask GP surgery to book an appointment, if you are not registered with the practice.,not%20registered%20with%20a%20GP.


Of course, we do encourage everyone to register with a GP. You may not need to see a doctor often, but he/she will be there for you.

To register with us, please see New Patients tab. You do not need to prove who you are; it does not matter if you don't have the right to stay in this country. All we ask for is some way to keep in touch.


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website